Friday, July 18, 2008

One Oreo Concrete with Triple Oreos, Please

Last night was awesome! Amanda and I crashed Anni's singles ward activity to take advantage of the late-night, all-you-can-eat custard party at Nielson's Frozen Custard. The party started at 11:00 p.m. so we had full reign of the place. I have loved Nielson's for as long as I can remember. An Oreo concrete with triple Oreos is my all-time favorite treat, the ultimate comfort food. So being able to scoop my own custard with free access to all the toppings I wanted was like being given the keys to the candy store. We were giddy!
The owners of Nielson's are such generous people. They kept saying, "Eat today, because tomorrow you pay!" I was fascinated with the history of their business (yes, I am a nerd). I told them I'm they're #1 fan. I shared stories about sluffing class at South Davis Junior High in order to eat concretes for lunch and told them I routinely drive in from Salt Lake because I think the Bountiful location is the very best. They sent us home with so much custard, easily enough to last a full week!
Yum. I can't think of a better way to spend a Thursday night (or any night, for that matter). Anni, thanks for staying up late so I could realize one of my lifelong dreams! Who knows, we just might have to make this a regular tradition.

2 comments:

Merianne said...

I have to admit, working at Nielsen's Custard was one of my fondest memories..as crazy as that is! Some of my very best friends came from working there all through high school. Steve & Debbi were like 2nd parents to me. There is custard on the east coast, but nothing compares to Nielsen's in my book!

Farrah said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so jealous!!! That was nice of them to let you crash too.